Sunday, September 7, 2008

Sunday night tidbits

  • Today's acquisitions were a delicious Belgian waffle at Jake's, two ferry tickets, laundry detergent, a used scooter of my very own, a slightly sunburned nose, and the skill of getting around via "safari taxi" on St. Thomas.

  • My housemates upstairs are ribbing me about bringing home three different vehicles in less than 24 hours. I've promised this will be it.

  • Gas prices in Coral Bay are about 20 cents lower than the island's only other station (Cruz Bay) and only about 10-20 cents higher than on St. Thomas. The Coral Bay station is cash only, no plastic.

  • I found a ninth cat today. It's like a never-ending Easter Egg hunt. Perhaps there's a prize for seeing them all?

  • Back to work tomorrow! I'm looking forward to getting out of "tourist mode" and on with the reality bit.

No comments: