Thursday, September 25, 2008

flight to SJU

People love to complain about flying on tiny planes. But the St. Thomas-St John San Juan [thanks Ari] leg of my flights back to the States earlier this month was way fun. The planes were Cessna 402Cs:



and I got the second-best seat, both outbound and inbound:





Shotgun, baby!



So, I'm a total 4-year-old kid when it comes to how much fun I think it is to take off in a plane, every single time. Wheee! It's even better when you get a front-row seat. And even better than that, in my view, when you get to spend the flight talking motorcycles with the pilot (thanks, Okke!).



Takeoff:


Island views from the air:



This is Culebra, off the northeastern coast of Puerto Rico. Sarah, I took this one for you!

1 comment:

Ari said...

Even editors need editors now and then. You meant the St. Thomas - San Juan leg of your flight back to the states, not the St. Thomas - St. John leg, I'm think. SJU - San Juan, U silly. No worries, my high opinion of you has not suffered at all, despite this egregious error. By the way, the music playing on my computer just mentioned you by your initials! Spooky, wicked-cool vibes.